Sanctuary Care offers short-term fostering so the family can be supported to remain together in the long-term. The children referred to our service are, mainly, aged between newborn and 7 years, although we do occasionally get referrals for older children and teenagers.
The children in our care will reside with a foster family for an agreed upon duration. The foster family will be expected to care for and provide for the child like they would their own for the period that the child stays with them. They are also required to support regular contact between the foster child and their birth family, as well as to work closely with the Sanctuary Care staff.
Eligibility Criteria for a Foster Parent
- 25 years old and above
- Preferably be married
- Have a minimum household income of $3,000 (nett)
- Residing in Singapore for a least the next 1 year
- Experience in caring for children and be willing to provide a child-safe environment
- Have a secondary education
- Willing to support a child to return to their own family
- Willing to work with professionals
*Applicants who do not meet this criteria will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis